The 'Last'ing Look

It was an usual early morning birding walk. I saw this beautiful male Greater Painted Snipe foraging in the shallow waters of Vellode Bird Sanctuary in Erode. I was surprised to see this incredibly shy and cautious bird, out in the open waters. 
 

I crept along the ground and moved towards him with utmost caution. I did not want him to take flight at the sight of me. Just as he went behind that small bund in the photo, I immediately took the opportunity to get real close to him as his sight was obstructed by the bund. Lying down, I waited patiently for him to come to the open from behind the bund. 

After a few minutes he returned to the open area and it was his time to get surprised. He looked at me with those gorgeous eyes. He raised his neck, tucked it back in and was looking at me measuring his safety. I enjoyed this eye game that he played with me and was clicking away happily. 

Finally his shyness took over and he turned back and moved behind the bund giving me this one final look that I will remember for life.
- Siva Siddharth | 7th July 2019

Comments

  1. Good narrative thought's.
    Nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please reveal your name. The "Unknown" comments will be deleted to protect the blog from spamming. Thanks for your understanding.

      Delete

Post a Comment